10 items to help singers through the allergy season:
1) “Breathe Easy” Tea – a product put out by Traditional Medicinal Company
2) A Neti-Pot
3) Stay away from gluten-“If you are allergic to grass, you are most likely going to be allergic to gluten flour. When I stopped eating gluten, my grass allergy was only 2 weeks instead of 2 months.”
4) Increase Grape Seed Extract to 900 mg
5) Gargle with 1 cup of hot water (as hot as you can stand it) with 1/4 tsp of salt
6) If you have an allergy attack, go to your car and turn on the air conditioning. It will help relieve your symptoms
7) Similasan Eye tincture for allergy eyes
8) “Kick Ass Allergy Tincture” – a product put out by Wishgarden
9) If worst comes to worst, wear a construction mask. You may look like Adam Ant but it does work amazingly well.
10) Or take Claritin or the generic brand. Being a singer, Claritin is the only brand that doesn’t dry out your throat and we need the mucous to sing.
These are my mostly natural ways of helping singers though their allergy seasons. If you have any natural ways that work for you, please let me know.